[asterisk-users] Follow Me problems

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 06:53:51 MST 2006

> Today we appear to have discovered our first bug.  We have an extension
> setup to "followme" by ringing that extension + an external cell #
> (ringall).  If nobody answers after 20 seconds the "destination if no
> answer" is set to go to the extensions voicemail in the "followme" module.
> The problem is it just keeps ringing forever.  If we delete the followme it
> forwards to the voicemail as per the default SIP extension configuration
> with voicemail enabled.
>
> Anyone run into this?  Is there a workaround?  Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated as always.
>
> Our configuration is:
> Supermicro Pentium D 2.66 Server with 2x512MB Memory
> 3ware 8006-2LP Hardware RAID 1
> Sangoma A200D with 8fxo (latest firmware/drivers as of last week)
> CentOS 4.4
> Asterisk 1.2.13
> Zaptel 1.2.10
> FreePBX 2.1.3

When Asterisk dial the Cell phone, it goes out on the ZAP channel
(Sangoma A200D), so as soon as it hit that channel, the call is
considered answered even if the cell phone never actually pickup the
call. I didn't play with the "followme" module myself but that is what
I suspect is happening. Just watch the console and you should see
something like "Zap/1-1 answered ..."

hth