[asterisk-users] My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 00:45:27 MST 2006

On 11/2/06, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> I'm running CentOS 4.4, Asterisk 1.2.13 on HP DL380's. My application is
> mostly meetme conferences being created and closed all day long. Peak load
> is around 200 SIP calls.
>
> I was crashing 7 to 10 times a day until I booted a non-SMP kernel. I
> haven't had a crash since. Meetme does not play well with SMP.

HI Steve,

I have constantly got conflicting reports about meetme and can't
really make up my mind to actually put meetme into service till I find
something better or just stick with meetme and be happy? I like the
features it has but performance wise I have heard all sorts of things,
yours being the most positive so far. so just wondering if I can learn
something from you.

So, is there anything special you've done in terms of configs,
modules, OS tweaking/tuning and the like, in other words, anything
over and above simply installing OS and (*) with meetme for the system
mentioned above? Have you standardised codecs across the board to
minimise translation overhead? If so, then what codec are you using?
Are all your users on IP or some can come through the PSTN via DIDs
etc?

Thanks
Ranj