[asterisk-users] Zap channel shows "answered" as soon as outbound ringing starts

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 22:55:19 MST 2006

Just to follow up on this,

After some testing tonight I found the following.  Watching the Asterisk
CLI, when making a call from an extension to a ZAP channel the channel shows
as "answered" as soon as the zap line starts ringing.  That would explain
why Followme was not working.  It thought the PSTN line was answered

So the problem is that ALL outgoing PSTN calls are seen as "answered" as
soon as the Sangoma card rings a zap channel.  Not the first Asterisk
generated ring but the second ring right when you hear it switch over to the
PSTN line.  Is there a trick to prevent this?  I messed around with "wink"
and "debounce" settings in zapata.conf but that didn't seem to make a
difference.