[asterisk-users] Question on Aastra phones and Astrisk

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 17:58:05 MST 2006

I'm the friend mentioned here.

I am using the Aastra 480i CT. It is SIP to my PBX and IAX termination from
the PBX to my provider. My issue has a slight twist to it but the same
result. For instance his is always where as mine is frequent but not always.
After I got to finally see it first hand today, I had to start over from
Caller 1 5 times to get it to happen again.

Caller 1 calls in and Person A answers. Caller 2 calls in and Person B
answers. Person B puts caller 2 on hold and audio drops on Caller 1. So
Person A can hear caller 1 but caller 1 cannot hear Person A.

This happens more often when Call 1 is on the handset and Call 2 is on the
portable or vis a vi, but this is not always the case. It does happen to 1
set only but just less frequent.

I have tried carrierinvite=yes and no but this does not change the issue.
The phones are behind a router but the external IP of the router is on the
same network as the * box.

Thanks!

Curt