[asterisk-users] Re: Port Range

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:13:04 MST 2006

By default asterisk install rtp.conf with following settings:

[general]
rtpstart=10000
rtpend=20000

I usually change rtpstart to 10001 so 10000 can be used for webmin. On some
servers I keep rtpend on 14000 (no need for so many RTP ports). But in
xten's xlite softphone, I've seen a setting Listen RTP Port 8000. I usually
change it to something else because on my laptop it doesn't work once I am
at my in-law's home who are using Vonage. Apparantly the Vonage adapter
(Linksys VoIP Router) blocks certain ports so people can't use other VoIP
services once they are hooked up through them.