[asterisk-users] Amending CLI in Dialplan

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Nov 6 08:55:47 MST 2006

Am Montag, den 06.11.2006, 15:14 +0000 schrieb Scott Pinhorne:
> Hi All
> I am not sure what I wish to do it possible but I would like to see if
> you guys know any better.
>
> I have a site who has the extensions: 1231, 1232. 1233, 1234
>
> Each of these users can dial each other on the extension number an
> also has an external CLI mapped to them.
>
> On all internal calls or calls to services such as call forwarding
> their Caller ID is: Name <XXXX>
>
> What I would like to have happen is have the Caller ID changed to the
> CLI only when they make an offnet call.
>
> So what I am saying is I need to match an extension to a CLI and reset
> the Caller ID.

If you do the selection wether a call is offnet or not via a "dialout prefix"
(for example "0" + the outward number to call), then the following might
help:

exten => _0.,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _0.,2,Dial(Zap/blahblubb,${EXTEN:1})

This would set the CALLERID-name to the number, e.g. 1231.
If you need to map other numbers, you could e.g. use the Asterisk DB()
feature. From the console, put the external numbers to use:
database put mapexternal 1231 9811231
database put mapexternal 1232 9442332
(you get the point). Then

exten => _0.,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${DB(mapexternal/${CALLERID(num)})})
exten => _0.,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _0.,3,Dial(Zap/blahblubb,${EXTEN:1})

would map the internal CALLERID to an externally valid number. Be sure
to specify the external number in a form that your PSTN line will accept
(e.g. in Germany, ISDN numbers have to be specified without area code).

BR
Anselm