[asterisk-users] Register vs. Host=IPADDR

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:26:13 MST 2006

I am not sure if I am going to use SIP registration's or just specify
the host ip address in sip.conf.  Are there any pros or cons to the
two?  My phones will have a static IP address and won't be changed
unless a admin does it.  So the logical path would be to just turn off
registration on the sip account (in the phone setup).  Can anyone
forsee a problem to this?  Something I will miss out on if I had used
sip registration? Thanks!