[asterisk-users] Re: some simple newbie help with dialplan needed...

Evert evert at poboxes.info
Mon Nov 6 02:43:31 MST 2006

SERADDRESS is a variable that points to a SER-server (currently running
on the same IP as Asterisk, but on a different port).

I noticed that it helped to replace @${SERADDRESS} with @localhost

I now have:

exten => 998,1,Answer
exten => 998,2,Background(agent-newlocation)
exten => 998,3,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=15)
exten => 998,4,WaitExten(10)
exten => _XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@localhost,60,o)

This does send the entered extension to SER, and the phone rings.
However, when the called phone anwers the call, the calling phone does
not notice this, and keeps on ringing...

Regards,
  Evert