[asterisk-users] Re: Re: skype and SIP hardware for linux

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:11:28 MST 2006

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:21:24 +0200, Dovid B wrote:

> I downloaded a softphone called kiax last night. Its working great. I was
> real tired then so I dont remember where I got it from. Hope that helps.
> (and its open source as well as they give you the source files for it :) )
[...]

<http://www.kiax.org/screenshots/> looks good.  I'm looking at
<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ConnectUSBPhone>, which _appears_
to describe the same phone.  If so, this brings me full circle to asterisk
as a solution.  I'd definitely need the IAX, which kiax supports.

Are the nslu2 folks describing hacking the
<http://www.yealink.com/english/prodetail_p1k.htm> phone, or using that
phone _with_ a slug?  If I can run asterisk on my computer, and not hack
any hardware, that'd be preferable.

thanks,

Thufir