[asterisk-users] Reading Voicemail Config from MySQL

Mosiuoa Tsietsi g06t6632 at campus.ru.ac.za
Sun Nov 5 04:39:41 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have been trying to get my asterisk (v1.2.10) to lookup voicemail
config data from my mysql database as opposed to voicemail.conf +
sip.conf for my users.  Users register with SER and get passed through
to asterisk when they dial out. I followed the instructions as per
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+voicemail+database

so basically I have
1) Build asterisk-addons-1.2.5 and added the USE_MYSQL_VM_INTERFACE=1 to
the asterisk/apps folder and built asterisk again
2) I configured my voicemail.conf appropriately:

dbuser=username
dbpass=password
dbhost=localhost
dbname=asterisk_vm

and have a database called asterisk_vm with a table called users with
the fields needed by asterisk
3) Populated my database with some values

When I try to leave a voicemail, I get the following error in the CLI:

-- Called 7521 at myserver
    -- SIP/myserver-08c5ef80 is ringing
    -- Nobody picked up in 20000 ms
    -- Executing VoiceMail("SIP/myserver-08c731a0", "u7521") in new
stack
Nov  5 13:30:55 WARNING[18146]: app_voicemail.c:2412 leave_voicemail: No
entry in voicemail config file for '7521'

I was able (thanks to some guys on this list) to get my Prepaid
application to read from the database but voicemail won't.

Please help me with this error.  Thanks.