[asterisk-users] Need help choosing cards that support detail Hangup Cause

King Ho kingho at completesolution.com.hk
Sat Nov 4 21:10:38 MST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to decide on which card to buy for a project where we need to be
able to log the reasons for failed calls.

For example, if the number dialed is not valid anymore, like the client has
changed phone number and decommissioned the old number, we need Asterisk to
return a cause of AST_CAUSE_UNALLOCATED.

Do we need to go T1/E1 (like the TE110P), BRI (like the B410P) or will
analog cards like the TDM2400 with FXO ports be able to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

King