[asterisk-users] best gui

joe a. joea at j4computers.com
Sat Nov 4 15:28:57 MST 2006

Rob Hillis<rob at hillis.dyndns.org> Wrote on: 11/4/2006 6:46 AM:
> Trixbox isn't a GUI - it's a complete Linux distribution.  The GUI to
> Asterisk that comes with Trixbox is FreePBX (http://freepbx.org/)

I've been looking for a GUI to use with asterisk.  Your response implies
to me that FreePbx can be used as an "add on" to asterisk.

But their web site seems to imply it is an implementation of asterisk.

Then, reading thru the install docs, it seems the preliminary steps are the
same, essentially, as a plain vanilla asterisk install, at least where zaptel is
done, and begins to be FreePBX specific beyond that point (apache,
"AMPortal", etc.).

Am I getting this right?  Can I add this to an existing asterisk install?

joe a.