[Asterisk-Users] Is fax bridging with TDM2400 working (or about to work) ?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Nov 3 17:29:13 MST 2006

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:30 AM, Olivier wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> From a chat with Kevin Fleming during last Astricon Europe in Paris,
>> I understood that Digium was about to support TDM bridging with
>> TDM2400 board.
>> This feature had to be introduced with 1.4 release.
>>
>> Is my understanding correct ?
>

> Yep, TDM bridging is now done within the card.  I know it is supported
> in trunk/1.4, though I don't think it's in 1.2 zaptel.
>

>> If correct, would it be reliable enough to bridge 14400b/s fax calls
>> though I know, fax were not officially supported or shall I use
>> Sangoma boards for that ?
>

> Probably, just make sure you don't muck around with your gains any, or
> do anything that would cause it to not natively bridge the two
> channels on the card.

Actually 14,400 is a bit iffy with most
->analogue->digital->analogue->modem/fax machine setups at the customer
premises. The distortion resulting from the additional munging of the
signal can be too much for 14,400. Certainly don't be too hopeful for
anything faster than 14,400.

9,600, on the other hand, should be rock solid as long as the card
doesn't loose data.

Regards,
Steve