[asterisk-users] IVR problem

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Nov 3 12:11:33 MST 2006

Can anyone tell me why the following code snipet does not behave the way I
would expect?

The "background" audio files are gsm and play fine. Here is what happens.
When the set-day-night context is called it plays the menu asking to
select 0,1, or 2. It then immediately "falls through" and terminates never
waiting for the selection. Doesn't the timeout function determine the
length of time it waits regardless of the actual sound file length? I have
tried lengthening the time to no avail. The line marked below "waitexten"
was added to make it work. It does not have the same functionality though
with this added. The code minus this line is textbook basic IVR
as far as I can tell. Comments???

Doug

[set-day-night]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,4,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => s,5,Background(doug/select-day-night)
exten => s,6,waitexten  >>>> added line
exten => s,7,hangup()

exten => 0,1,SetGlobalVar(day-night=0)
exten => 0,2,Playback(doug/day-night-mode-reset)
exten => 0,3,Hangup()

exten => 1,1,SetGlobalVar(day-night=1)
exten => 1,2,Playback(doug/day-mode)
exten => 1,3,Hangup()

exten => 2,1,SetGlobalVar(day-night=2)
exten => 2,2,Playback(doug/night-mode)
exten => 2,3,Hangup()

exten => t,1,Goto(#,1)         ; If they take too long, give up
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid) ; "That's not valid, try again"
exten => i,2,Hangup()