[asterisk-users] International dialing with GPX-2000 and "early dial"

Anthony Kepler anthony at jivanjeearch.com
Fri Nov 3 12:12:23 MST 2006

I am trying to allow users to place outgoing international calls from a
GPX-2000 with "early dial" enabled, connected to Asterisk 1.2.12.1
I have the following extension line:
exten => _011.,n,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})

When I attempt to place a call to a number in, for instance, Kenya, I
dial "011254"...etc.
and I get this on the asterisk console:
Executing Dial("SIP/1001-081fb718", "Zap/g1/0112") in new stack
   -- Called g1/0112

It is attempting to dial out as soon as it receives a single digit to
represent the "."
What I need is for it to wait a reasonable amount of time for additional
digits.
I have tried using set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5), and I see the following in the
asterisk console:
   -- Executing Set("SIP/1001-081fb718", "TIMEOUT(digit)=5") in new stack
   -- Digit timeout set to 5
However, this is printed far less than 5 seconds before the dial out
attempt.

I assume there must be something relatively obvious I'm missing here...
if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
   - Anthony Kepler
    anthony at jivanjeearch.com | SIP/Email