[asterisk-users] Error updating bootrom on Polycom phones..doesn't even download the bootrom!

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Nov 3 05:58:04 MST 2006

I'm having problems updating my bootrom to the latest (3.2.2) version.
Basically, my phone starts downloading the bootrom, but I am completely
certain that it doesn't actually complete the process.

It gives me an "error updating bootROM!" message, but it only takes about 2
seconds to complete the download (which, because of my WAN link and FTP
server environnement I know is impossible.  A PC on the same LAN downloading
the same file takes about 10 seconds). So no wonder it doesn't work, the
file isn't properly downloaded (as far as I can tell).

Does any one have had the same problem and found what the problem was?

Mike