[asterisk-users] Java Web Phone

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Thu Nov 2 18:54:33 MST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:23:08AM -0500, Guillermo Salas M. wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 16:05 -0500, Vladimir Montealegre Estailes wrote:
> > Hello list partners
> >
> > you know about a softphone made in java attachable in a web page?
> >
> > GNU!
> >

> I'm using JIAXClient [1] to permit to any user to join one meetme room
> [2] with the IAX2 protocol, works very great for me, and is very easy to
> install and modify to your needs.
>

> [1] http://www.hem.za.org/jiaxclient/
> [2] http://www.rmsenecuador.info/jiaxclient/index.html

Useful, but it requires a signed client with permissions to install a DLL.

Once you are able to do that, you can do anything -- install a full
softphone, send the voice to any destination (not just back to the
server) -- and of course take over the other person's machine so they
should be very wary of approving the client.

What would be more useful is an applet that can run as a pure
applet.  That's forced to only talk to the server that served
it, but it doesn't need approval.

Or, in theory the voip client going into the new flashplayer.