[asterisk-users] SIP v IAX2

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Thu Nov 2 05:32:35 MST 2006

Hi Jon,
Well Skype was one of the reasons I started my Asterisk based business.
I first came across a VoIP demo about 12 years ago in a teleco carrier in
Altanta GA.
At that time the technology was very primitive (most people still had dial
up lines). Anyway, to cut a long story short it wasn't until I many years
later that I tried Skype, then I knew the technology had finally "arrived"
and was good enough for business communications. Here in Canada, long
distance is realitvely inexpensive so "cheap" calls are not very important
 Most of my clients are sold on the feature set in Asterisk and the
ability to have extensions in multiple sites/offices without any line
costs.

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario