[asterisk-users] Macro variables and redirects

Wildheart asterisk-users at php-systems.com
Thu Nov 2 04:11:14 MST 2006

Hi,

   I have a dialplan that works like this:

; Arg 1 is the phone, Arg2 is the timeout (optional), Arg 3 is the
voicemailbox(optional)
exten => 20,1,Macro(dialexten,SIP/1234,15,1234)
exten => 21,1,Macro(dialexten,SIP/1235,15)

; Arg 1 is phones, Arg 2 is timeout, Arg 3 is voicemail
exten => 30,1,Macro(huntgroup,SIP/1234&SIP/1235,25,1234)

If I call extension 30, answer it, then redirect to extension 21 via an
attended transfer, and no one answers the voicemail will time out to
mailbox 1234, when it should not (the macro makes it play busy instead).

I can just set a value and test for that (like off), but should the macro
arguments for the huntgroup macro be remembered in the dialexten macro
like this?

The redirect calls the second macro correctly, but if you NoOp the
arguments in the macro, you can see that they are inherited from the
previous macro)

I am using 1.2.10.

    With thanks,

        Tim