[asterisk-users] Thomson ST2030 and Asterisk BLF

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Thu Nov 2 01:55:01 MST 2006

Hi everybody.

I know there have been some posts in the past about this subject.
However it seems I cannot get the Thomson ST2030 phone
to work with BLF and call pickup.

Firmware on the phones is 1.5t3
I've applied then patch to chan_sip.c which adds the "else" condition

} else if (strstr(p->useragent, "THOMSON")) {
   p->subscribed = DIALOG_INFO_XML;

somewhere in the handle_request_subscribe() function.

The hints are properly configured as well as the subscribecontext in
sip.conf/extensions.conf

In fact, the busy lamp is working (I can see
 busy lines and ringing lines on the phone),
however call pickup is not.

When a line key is flashing (i.e. the associated sip phone is ringing),
if I press that key, the phone sends a SUBSCRIBE sip message
to asterisk.
I don't understand exatctly what the phone is expecting back
from asterisk or how asterisk handles the SUBSCRIBE message,
however the call is *not* picked up, and the status line key
gets fast-blinking, and remains in that status,
being unusable, until I reboot the phone.

Any hint?

Thanks.
Alberto.