[asterisk-users] My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.

Maxx Lobo maxx at arraycomm.com
Wed Nov 1 22:42:14 MST 2006

I've got CentOS 4.4, Asterisk 1.2.9 (TxBx 1.1.1) on four Dell PE2800's
with dual P4 3.4Ghz CPUs and 2GB of memory each. These boxes run user
extensions for seven of our offices (3 in the USA, 2 in Europe, 2 in
Asia), all of the meetme conferences - ~10/simultaneous/hr w/ approx. 10
people per conference, Inbound faxes are split between user DiDs and
physical fax machines, and multiple PRI and VoIP trunks.

All the boxes have SMP kernels, and I've never had an issue with Meetme
or any other feature. Been running like this for about... 6 months now.
Biggest criticism I have is that the VoIP providers are nowhere near as
reliable as Ma Bell, but then again, they are nowhere near as expensive
either :-)

--Maxx