[asterisk-users] Polycom Managment tools

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Nov 1 14:13:14 MST 2006

Neider, Clint wrote:
> Does anyone have a management tool for Polycom phones?  For instance
> something to view software and boot versions of all the phones?  I am
> looking for a product to remotely mange all phones in the environment
> without having to connect to each phones web config individually.
>

> Thanks
>

> Clint Neider
>
> Email Administrator
>
> cneider at altaresources.com <mailto:cneider at altaresources.com>
>
> Alta Resources | IT Application Services | 120 N Commercial St | Neenah,
> WI 54956 | Office (920) 751-5800 x 7472 |

Clint,

	That is what the Polycom config files are for.

	You can configure a DHCP server, and TFTP/FTP/HTTP server so that the
phones can download their configuration files when they boot.  You can
also reboot them using SIP NOTIFY with Asterisk.

	These config files should work for you:

http://misc.krisk.org/pcom/

P.S. - Say hi to Neenah for me - my mom is from Little Chute, and my
sister was named after Kimberly.

--
Kristian Kielhofner