[Asterisk-Users] app_ices.c broken pipe error : bug ??

Madhuri Patwardhan madhuri_patwardhan at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 21:51:52 MST 2006

Hi,

I am new to asterisk and may be I am missing
something.

I am running asterisk version 1.2.8 on suse 10.1

I have the following simple dialplan. It gives
 "app_ices.c:176 ices_exec: Write failed to pipe
broken pipe error".
When I comment the line "6000,n,Playback(hello-world)"
it does not generate the error.

 Here is my dialplan.

 exten => 6000,1,Answer()
 exten => 6000,n,Playback(hello-world)
 exten => 6000,n,Wait(1)
 exten =>
 6000,n,ices(/usr/local/share/ices/asterisk-ices.xml)

 I also get the same error when I get incoming call
 over sip channel and I call ices application from
 incoming context.

 The dialplan for this case is as follows:

 [incoming]
 exten => s,1,Answer()
 exten => s,n,Wait(5)
 exten =>
 s,n,ices(/usr/local/share/ices/asterisk-ices.xml)

 I would appreciate if anybody can provide more
 information on this.

 Thanks,

 Madhuri