[Asterisk-Users] clicking and popping with capi, okay with mISDN

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed May 31 17:25:29 MST 2006

I have a hfc-usb adapter connected to a Samsung PBX, and am having a bit
of trouble.

With capi, using 'immediate' mode, I can get the dialplan working just
fine, except that there is some sort of interference in the audio, and
I'm not quite sure how to describe it except that it's sort of like
clicking and popping but not harsh at all, and more like just bits of
audio missing.

With mISDN, I can never detect digits in immediate mode, and can only
ever receive 2 digits when not in immediate mode. When I did rig it up
to actually make a call, the audio sounded very clear.

The audio problems are when making any calls from the PBX via asterisk,
mostly to a mynetfone account I've just set up. Using SIP to the same
destinations is perfect. Our internet link is a lightly loaded unframed
E1 (2mb symmetric)

I've tried a few versions of mISDN, and a few versions of chan_misdn
(now using 0.4.0-rc2). chan_capi is cm-0.6.5, asterisk is 1.2.7.1.

Thanks

James