[Asterisk-Users] Ringing to Outside Line

casasterisk at valnet.com casasterisk at valnet.com
Wed May 31 16:15:41 MST 2006

Hello All,

I have the latest Asterisk and am using the TDM400 card with 4 FXO ports.  One problem I have is that I want one of my Queues to go to a cell phone if all agents for the queue don't answer.

The problem is that once the TDM400 goes to a POTS line it does not time out after 15 seconds like I have configured (and like the other agents), it will ring to voicemail which doesn't allow me to send the call to a special voicemail box that I have set up for just his purpose.

I read somewhere that the only way to recognize if a POTS line is busy/no answer/answer is if I get an ISDN line but that just seems unusual for such a powerful PBX system to not be able to detect that it has been ringing a POTS line for 15 seconds and it's time to hang up and try the next in queue.

The major problem with this is that I want it to fail over to a second and third cell phone on no answers and then capture to a voicemail box - obviously it just rings the first phone and goes to the cell phones voicemail.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Craig