[Asterisk-Users] Zap channels ringing too loudly

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 31 11:58:45 MST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 07:58, Nick Burch wrote:
> I've noticed that the ringing volume is a lot louder than on our old phone
> system, and people are starting to complain it's too loud. (This is the
> noise the phone makes when it rings, not the noise in your handset when
> you ring someone else)

I suppose it is possible that the Astribank is ringing 'hot' but honestly
almost every single phone today is electronically rung and not mechanically
rung...  I can't imagine significant difference in ring volume due to higher
ring voltage on any modern phone.

These aren't old carbon-granule phones with mechanical bell ringers, are they?

-A.