[Asterisk-Users] No system sound with Asterisk@Home

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Wed May 31 11:11:39 MST 2006

I normally build Asterisk on Centos4 from source and have no major
problems, but I tried the Asterisk at Home from the iso to make integration
of the FOP and FreePBX applications easier for the next machine I am
building. I have a Via C3 based system with a Digium T1 card in it and I
installed the Asterisk at Home 2.8 release. I had previously used this with
Asterisk from source and it worked fine.

I have setup 3 Polycom 501 phones as extensions, setting the codec to
ulaw only, no NAT. I can call extension to extension but if I call the
pBX for voicemail or any other system function, I do not hear the voice.
What can cause that? I have not seen this problem before on an Asterisk
system.

--
Chris Mason

believed to be clean.