[Asterisk-Users] Looking for a VoIP solution...

Kit Gerrits kgerrits at bellsouth.net
Wed May 31 11:07:25 MST 2006

Hello all!

Please forgive me if I am asking stupid questions, I am new to implementing
VoIP as PBX.

I am currently employed at a Tifton, GA-based peanut shelling facility and I
am looking for a VoIP system to tie our 2 locations together.
The plant and the main office were originally separate, so each has their
own (different) phone system.
Each side has 4 incoming analog lines and about a dozen phones.
Now that a fibre has been laid between the two locations, I would like to
look into using VoIP to connect the two sites.

I am specifically interested in a system that will still be able to receive
the 4 analog lines on either side (in case of Internet service failure),
forward calls between the sites, phone grouping between the sites and
monitor lines on either site.
Synchronisation with Outlook (or something compatible with it) would be
appreciated as well.

At the moment, we are using Skype for calls between the sites, but it's far
from ideal.
(can't transfer calls either).

Thank you for your time,

Kit Gerrits