[Asterisk-Users] AEL #include

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:24:13 MST 2006

On 5/31/06, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Douglas Garstang wrote:
> > Oh Crud. So, if I want to jump to another extension or context, I have to specify the full context, extension and priority? I can't specify a label? It's a bit tricky trying to jump to a specific priority in an extension when they're all called 'n' !
>
> No. Labels are interpreted in their target context.
>
> > Why is something so simple such a mess...
>
> It's not. If instead of posting all these message you spent two minutes
> actually trying it, you would have seen that it already works exactly
> the way you want it to. "assuming" there is only a single namespace for
> labels does not mean it is that way, and when it is so easy to determine
> that your assumption is incorrect it seems rather pointless as well.

Not to mention that labels documented and have been for months on a
single wiki page! My problem is remembering where the parenthesis go
so I google for it when needed:

asterisk dialplan labels. Try it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=asterisk+dialplan+labels

True, it'd be even nicer if the n wasn't needed at all such as

exten => fax,notafax,noop(this ain't a fax) instead of

exten => fax,n(notafax),noop(this ain't a fax)

I just pretend the 'n(' is a google ad :)