[Asterisk-Users] AEL #include

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed May 31 08:21:33 MST 2006

> Thanks Michael. I was not aware that labels where available.
> In converting though, I've already hit a limitation. There's a single
name
> space for all labels I assume?

Doug,

According to TFOT's Goto() application reference entry (page 254) the
"namespace" is actually the current extension:
"Named priorities only work within the current extension."

So you can have 50 different labels called "start" as long as you use
"start" only once per extension.  If you're in extension 555 and you
Goto(start) it will look for "exten => 555,n(start),..."  If it doesn't
find a label "start" in exten 555 then the Goto() will fail, even if you
have "start" in another extension:
exten => 556,n(start),Noop(this "start" good only from exten 556)

HtH.

I can see a potential issue if you need to jump from one exten to
another exten using Goto().  You still need to use
Goto(context,extension,priority) to jump around like that.  Do you have
any scenarios like that?  If so, it might be possible to create numbered
"jump-to" points that will never change, and therefore won't require
renumbering each time you make an addition to the dialplan.

Example:

[test_context]
exten => 555,1,Noop(Starting exten 555)
exten => 555,n,<dialplan stuff>
exten => 555,n,Goto(test_context,556,999)
; previous line will end up at 556,n(start)

exten => 556,1,Noop(Starting exten 556)
exten => 556,n,<dialplan stuff>
exten => 556,n(start),Noop(This is where I want to be)
exten => 556,n,<more dialplan stuff>
exten => 556,999,Goto(start)
; previous line used to allow other exten's to jump to 556,n(start)

FYI, your other post just came in.  I think I just answered a few of
your questions.  Let us know if this helps!

-MC