[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Again

Akpome Akpoguma akpome_a at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 07:53:52 MST 2006

After reading couple of threads on this list on DTMF, I dont expect to send
this mail ..............anyway I have a problem that has to do with dtmf.

I have both a sip phone and an fxs card connected to my asterisk. The fxs is
connected to an Alcatel PBX. On the sip phone, dtmf is working after I
included the following line in sip.conf

dtmfmode = inband

But when I tried to pickup dtmf from an Alcatel digital phone connected to
the Alcatel PBX on my asterisk I noticed some problems. I cound interrupt
Background() sound with any key on the phone but that is abount all I can
do.

I set the line ------relaxdtmf = no------------- and toggled to yes in
zapata.conf and the problem remains.

Question is, is there any other config file that can be edited to solve this
problem? or anything else to be done to solve this??

Your response would be appriciated