[Asterisk-Users] Nokia E60 , experience as SIP client

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed May 31 03:40:07 MST 2006

John Joseph wrote:
> Hi
>    I want to  check out from the members , about their
> experience with Nokia E60 phone as SIP client , I was
> able to register the phone , but  my  voice gets
> broken during the calls . My other  Wi-Fi VoIP   SIP
> phone  are working fine
> I also like to check out  is there any other mobile
> manufacture who have SIP supported porducts like Nokia
> e-60

We use them with Alaw/Ulaw and it works pretty well. I do think there
are some bugs in the firmware, SIP accounts do not get reregistered
automatically if other applications used the WLAN network, or when
roaming between different WLAN networks.

I'm also not entirely happy about the battery time when using WLAN :-)

Great phone, though!

Florian