[Asterisk-Users] Questions from a working doctors' office installation

Mike Benjamin mbenjam at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 23:11:36 MST 2006

Hi--

Is memory leak still as much an issue with 1.2.7 versus 1.2.5?  In other words,
is it worth it to upgrade a working, memory-leaking 1.2.5 to 1.2.7 or 1.2.8
just to potentially encounter other bugs in the new versions?  Have other
people been satisfied with the new versions so far?  I have Polycom 501s and
301s.  Call transfers are prone to crashing the system, getting sent to the
wrong phone, etc.

Is there some sort of rollback function?  I'm considering having a second PBX
box for the upgraded version, then keeping the working production system as a
backup.

My PSTN providers are voipjet (out) and Axvoice (in).  Sometimes we have
dropped calls incoming, or busy lines outgoing.  Anyone else using good service
providers they can recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Benjamin, M.D.
The VOIP Doctor