[Asterisk-Users] Still can't get asterisk to play voicemail files occasionally

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue May 30 15:50:04 MST 2006

Dan Elder wrote:
> Hi all, posted this previously, but didn't get a resolution... Maybe a
> rewording would help.
>
> A few times a week I will get a call from a user who has a new voicemail,
> but they cannot play it. They go through the menus, hit 1 to play the
> message, and immediately the 'post message' menu prompts them to delete the
> message. The actual voicemail file never gets played... This does NOT happen
> with any sort of pattern, or on specific extensions.. It seems to be
> happening occasionally systemwide. Now, I've downloaded these voicemail wav
> files from the server to my local desktop, and they play fine... This is *
> 1.2.0 -- anyone have any clues what might be causing this or has anyone had
> any sort of similar occurance? It's driving both me & my users nuts!!!

Quoting Kevin Fleming, from earlier today,

"There have been hundreds of bugs fixed since 1.2 was released. I think

it would be much better if you just upgraded  :) "

Doug

-- Ben Franklin quote: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."