[Asterisk-Users] AEL #include

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Tue May 30 14:55:44 MST 2006

Yes, the (newly rewritten, but compatible with older AEL files) version
of AEL that is currently in trunk is staying and I think personally it's
a big step forward.  I still haven't gotten used to it myself, but then
the folks who used to write everything in assembler probably took a
while to get used to higher-level languages as well.

It's certainly a boon to those with complex dialplans, which means just
about any of us who use it for more than trivial applications.  I'm
actually in the process of rewriting my "stock" dialplan with AEL, and
it's going more painlessly than I expected.

Regards,
- Brad