[Asterisk-Users] Dropped SIP connections never being closed?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Tue May 30 13:55:03 MST 2006

Hi all

I have noticed an interresting problem with Wireless SIP Connections.

When a Phone gets out of reach during a call (for example into a MeetMe
Conference) of course the connection gets lost. The Phone hangs up.

But 'show channels' still shows that call, and the user is still in the
Conference.
I did retry that a few times and ended up with a couple of zombie callers in
Conferences. (Or even to foreign SIP test destinations without timeout like
echo tests etc.)

Why doesn't Asterisk notice when a call is uncleanly dropped?

-Benoit-