[Asterisk-Users] CallerID outbound

George A. Roberts IV groberts at interjuncture.com
Tue May 30 12:03:10 MST 2006

We're using Asterisk at Home 2.8 (same thing occurs with earlier versions).  We
have it set up so that if we don't answer our internal SIP phones it does
"follow me" to our cell phones.  When Asterisk forwards the calls to our
cell phones, the Caller ID shows our outbound number, not the caller's
number.

We have 3 queues set up (1,2, and 3) and our extensions (801 and 802) are
listed as permanently logged in to those queues.

I'm just wondering if there's any way to either 1) have the original
caller's CallerID show up when calls get forwarded to our cell phones; or
ideally 2) be able to override the caller ID when calls coming into the
queues are forwarded our cell phones so we can tell which queue it is.

Thoughts?

George