[Asterisk-Users] patch application

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue May 30 08:54:34 MST 2006

I have a production server running a CVS Head release dated 8/27, which
is pretty much 1.2 minus some last minute additions, 1.2 was released at
the end of august 2005.

There is a sip channel patch related to presence and sip subscriptions
that I wish to apply, but since the server has been very stable I do not
want to do a full upgrade to 1.2.7.1.

The patch was added to head on 8/29 and released in 1.2.

The questions;

Is it possible to patch, make, and install only chan_sip.c and pbx.c
without making all of asterisk? I assume the process would be to apply
the diff file, make the specific modules, and copy it to the appropriate
directory. Is this correct? Any pointers appreciated, and specifics
really, really appreciated!

The patch in question looks like it impacts pbx.c and chan_sip.c, but
how can I be sure there are not other dependencies?

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3644