[Asterisk-Users] Extensions, devices and dialplan

Mimmus dviggiani at tiscali.it
Tue May 30 06:05:46 MST 2006

Hi,
as already said in others messages on this list, I'm rewriting my dialplan
using AMP/FreePBX as starting point.
I saw that AMP/FreePBX uses the concept of USERS/DEVICES, quite interesting
but not useful to me now. It defines USERS/DEVICES association in AstDB and
then uses dialparties.agi script to dial the right phone. I'd like to drop
this part.
What's the most common method to associate an extension <ext> to SIP/<ext>
or IAX/<ext> or Zap/<ext>?
Can I use Asterisk variables or is it better to define an AstDB key?
Other suggestions?

Thanks
--
Domenico Viggiani