[Asterisk-Users] I guess my server capacity is ok

Goke Aruna goksie at gmail.com
Tue May 30 01:56:58 MST 2006

can someone overthere help?

the server specs are as follows
HP DL380G4 Dual Intel Xeon 3.2GHz processor with 4GB RAM,
running fedora core 3
asterisk-1.2.5
ss7-0.8.3d.
using sip as advised to receive calls from another gateway in US.
using g729 in transcoding way.

however, I noticed the call hit the 51 active calls which is 102channels, I
run "top" to check the system resources usage and i discovered that the cpu
is 100% used. asterisk, sip, ss7  never crashed throughout.

however, since transcoding takes alot of system resources.. how can I use
g729 in passthru mode.

and I guess disabling hyperthreading will save me more system resouces.

I will be glad, if you can give me more info on system management cos i
think with that system, it should able to handle at least five E1's.

I say thank you for finding time to reply my mail.

goksie