[Asterisk-Users] Brother 8360P fax cannot connect to TDM400

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon May 29 08:53:28 MST 2006

Hi,

We've got troubles trying to connect a Brother 8360P to a TDM400 FXS board.
Design is :

PSTN ------ Junghanns QuadBRI --------- Digium TDM400 ----------- Brother
fax

As you can guess, QuadBRI and TDM400 are plugged into 1.0.10 Asterisk
server.

- from Asterisk console, we can observe calls reaching the fax machine but
the fax never answer
- when we substitute the fax with an analog phone, everything is OK
- for outgoing faxes, nothing happens (Asterisk doesn't answer)
- when I connect the fax machine to PSTN plug, it runs perfectly.

Digium support answers "fax is not supported with Digium board".
I've been told this is due to higher levels of electrical used by some fax
machines but I didn't dare to check myself.

What do you think ?
Has anyone met such problems ?

Regards
Olivier