[Asterisk-Users] Ring-Answer with Polycom 501 and Asterisk

Philippe Lindheimer p_lindheimer at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 07:38:41 MST 2006

Peter,

  the configurations that I have seen do not auto-answer on CID. You need to set the Alertinfo field in the sip header in order to make this work. The polycoms do have an ability to customize the ring based on the caller which is set in the telephone's inernal directory. You may be able to accomlish what you are trying this way although it is not something I have tried or looked into.

  I have the following (allowing any 2XX extension to be autoanswered by dialing 12XX). (I'm thinking though that there may be a new way to do Alertinfo - you may want to look around but this currently works):

  exten => _12XX,1,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO="Ring Answer")
exten => _12XX,n,Goto(${EXTEN:1},1)