[Asterisk-Users] registration at Voipbuster times out

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Mon May 29 07:32:48 MST 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 16:20, Remko Muis said:
> Hi Steve & Attilla,
>
> Thanks for the quick replies!!
> Attilla: your suggestion sounds promising, since I know my system clock is
> not too accurate. But that is the reason I use the network time protocol
> daemon. Time and date settings are now correct.
>
> Steve: your question about pinging the sip-proxy servers hits the nail on
> its head: I can't, even though the names resolve to ip-addresses, and I
> can
> ping lots of other machines in the outside world. But why?
>
> I tried your second suggestion, but to no avail. My dial statements were:
>
> exten => _0[12345789]XXXXXXXX,1,Dial,SIP/voipbuster-out/0031${EXTEN:1}
> exten => _0[12345789]XXXXXXXX,2,Congestion
> exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial,SIP/voipbuster-out/0031[b]10[/b]${EXTEN}
> exten => _XXXXXXX,2,Congestion
>
> Replacing "voipbuster-out" with username:passwd at sip.voipbuster.com does
> not
> help.
> However, I did not really expect so, since the registration timeout errors
> occur while Asterisk executes chan_sip.c. I would think that registration
> fails independently of any wrong settings in extensions.conf.
>
> Anyway, the s in the Contact-line does look suspect to me, since I have a
> voip-in number for Voipbuster, and I read on the voip-info pages that "the
> extension is is used when there is no known called number in the context
> used."
>
> Being an Asterisk-newbie, I appreciate your replies, but further
> suggestions
> even more ...
>
> Remko

Remko,

What IP's do you get returned for sip.voipbuster.com?
Do you use UU-net's DNS servers? If so, you might try using different
servers, as I have had some weird experiences with their DNS servers in
the past.

Have you tried trace-routing to the server to see where it breaks?

I am using voipbuster as well, and am usually able to connect just fine...

Good luck!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch