[Asterisk-Users] Memory-leak 1.2.7.1

Attilla de Groot mail at youmeandvoip.nl
Mon May 29 06:07:07 MST 2006

Hi All,

First off all, this is my first mail to this mailing-list, so if I am
doing something wrong please tell me. And apologies for my english in
advance, it's not my native language.

Anyway, I have few machines running Asterisk 1.2.7.1. All machines but
one are Gentoo (other one is Debian). The problem is that Asterisk keeps
eating my memory.

Just random (mostly at night) all my free memory is gone and of course
Asterisk doesn't work anymore (no moh, queues doesn't work etc.). At
first I didn't knew for sure it was Asterisk causing this problem, so I
made sure Asterisk was the only extensive application running (no
apache, mysql etc.) and the problem kept returning. And of course if I
didn't happen when I won't start Asterisk.

So, this left me only one conclusion. The application with the memory
leak is Asterisk. So I thought of these things:

- Problem with linux distribution ?
Nope, got 2 different distributions and happens on both ?
- Bug with mpg123 ?
Nope, used native Asterisk moh thing, still happens.
- Memory leak due to a loop in my configuration ?
Nope, 3 diffrent configurations, 2 of them are _really_ simple (like 3
context and some dial strings :P).

Since I'm no programmer and not really a bug-hunter I'm out of idea's
right now. The only solution for me nog is to reboot the machines if and
when it happens. I was unable to find a similar problem in the
mailinglist and nobody had the same problem in the irc channel.

So I'm hoping somebody has a solution of a tip for me.

Greetings,
Attilla de Groot