[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk registers but won't complete calls.

Steven Haldeman haldeman_79 at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 16:18:16 MST 2006

Hello,

  I work for a company that is experimenting with the implementation of Asterisk.  We have a VoIP provider that is giving us a demo account with 200 minutes on it.  We can register with their service but cannot complete calls with Asterisk.  We can use a Grandstream GXP-2000 with the supplied registration info and it does work.  We can also register Asterisk with FWD and dial the FWD loopback and it works.  We can dial other extensions within Asterisk.  The provider said that it appears that our usersname is comming over as the extensions after the / in the register line.

  We are running Asterisk 1.2.6 and the provider is running Tekelec 9000 switches.

  Thanks in advance.