[Asterisk-Users] Analogue phone w/ TDM400

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Sun May 28 12:40:18 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm running * 1.2.7.1 on Red Hay 9.0 w/ a TDM 400 2 x FXS, 1 x FXO.
I'm using a VTech cordless that makes three short beeps when someone
another extension is picked up, presumably this lets you know if
someone is trying to listen in..

Everything works, except the VTech now makes the three beeps everytime
you try to use it, even if another extension is in use.  It seems as
though the VTech phone trhinks the TDM400 is another extension - and i
guess i can kinda see its point :)  It becomes annoying though because
I have to put up with these 3 beeps everytime I answer the phone or
check messages.  The beeps seem to mess up DTMF occassionally too,
messing me up when I'm entering my password and so on.

Anyone know how to defeat this behaviour?  I didn't have this problem
on older versions of Asterisl (i.e. 1.1....)

Thanks,