[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 600 presence indication on *LED*?

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Sat May 27 13:26:27 MST 2006

I've somehow managed to battle may way through hinting issues with
type=peer type=friend and various other oddities and now have presence
working correctly on my Polycom 600 and Grandstream GXP-2000 phones.

However, on the Polycom I have to press the Buddies softkey in order to
see if an extension with a hints priority is in use or not.

I've spent all day going through google and my local archive of the
mailing list, and from what I can see it appears that I should be able
to set up one of the 6 "line" keys on the left of the phone to somehow
show presence indications. But I simply cannot figure out how. I only
know how to configure a line key as, well, a line key (i.e. mapped to a
particular SIP registration in sip.conf).

What do I need to do in order to get a nice LED or something to flash or
light up or whatever on the phone to show that a particular extension on
another phone is in use?

This is driving me totally insane. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Faris.