[Asterisk-Users] Compilation issues with s390

Frank Pani fpani0 at ca.ibm.com
Fri May 26 17:11:12 MST 2006

Thank you for your help.  Appreciate it.

However, I still see compilation issues, so If I can continue to ask a
follow on question that would be great,

I pulled down the SVN branch-1.2 as suggested and have begun to compile.
Things seem to be okay until I reach this following error:    If somebody
has additional suggestions, I would really appreciate.  I'm really wanted
to get this to compile.   Thanks.

make -C gsm lib/libgsm.a
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk-1.2/codecs/gsm'
as   -o src/k6opt.o src/k6opt.s
src/k6opt.s: Assembler messages:
src/k6opt.s:9: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:10: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:11: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:12: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:13: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:14: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:15: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:16: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:17: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:18: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:19: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:20: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.value'
src/k6opt.s:27: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
src/k6opt.s:28: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
src/k6opt.s:29: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
src/k6opt.s:30: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
src/k6opt.s:31: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'

< ... snip ... >

make[2]: *** [src/k6opt.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk-1.2/codecs/gsm'
make[1]: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk-1.2/codecs'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

             "Kevin P.
             Fleming"
             <kpfleming at digium                                          To
             .com>                     Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             Sent by:                  Non-Commercial Discussion
             asterisk-users-bo         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             unces at lists.digiu                                          cc
             m.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Asterisk-Users] Compilation
             05/25/2006 02:37          issues with s390
             PM

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Frank Pani wrote:

> .... compilation runs successfully up to this point:
>
> gcc -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -g3 -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -c
-DNeedFunctionPrototypes=1
> -funroll-loops -O6 -march=s390 -fPIC -DSASR -DNDEBUG -DWAV49 -I./inc
> src/add.c
> cc1: invalid option `arch=s390'
> make[2]: *** [src/add.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk-1.2.7.1/codecs/gsm'
> make[1]: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk-1.2.7.1/codecs'
> make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

This happens frequently with the Makefile for the embedded GSM library.
I will add a filter to stop that from happening that will be in the next
release, and if you watch the asterisk-commits mailing list you can
extract the (very small) patch and apply it manually on your system (or
pull down the SVN branch-1.2 code instead of using the 1.2.7.1 tarball).