[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 + port translation

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri May 26 10:47:56 MST 2006

> If memory serves me properly what you are showing looks correct. You
> server is registering to your provider on port 4569 as it should. Their
> server is seeing you register from 64.26.155.62 and using the prt 14353
> which is the port that your firewall has given that outgoing connection.
>
> Possibly that the firewall is removing that connection port after some
> time and your provider cannot get back to your box? Try setting the
> reregistration time lower than 60 and see if it helps.

Hmm, it looks like I have to edit channels/chan_iax2.c to lower the
registration timeout - I'm trying 15 seconds, and we'll see if that
makes a difference. (You have to override the provider's requested
timeout of 60 seconds).

Does anyone have any idea what the IP/port PAT pair timeouts are for the
Sonicwall TZ170? I see that someone had a similar problem (PAT timeouts,
on an unknown device) here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-February/009341.html

- Mike