[Asterisk-Users] UK experts only. BT Outgoing caller ID not showing

Paul Redstone paul.redstone at solica.com
Fri May 26 08:58:34 MST 2006

Hi

Just moved offices in the UK and moved our Asterisk box from old one to new
one. Using idefisk softphones, Junghanns quadbri card for ISDN 2e interfaces.
At both offices we had one standard number and a DDI range, routed with
Asterisk.
We'd set up the configuration so each idefisk set its own caller ID which then
got sent by the extensions.conf script. Worked fine at old place but in new
place the only number which is received is the central switchboard number. The
conf files are unchanged except for the obvious number changes but nothing I
can do sets the outgoing caller id. We're using the same version of idefisk and
the same version of asterisk (1.2.4-bri stuffed).

I found a wiki which said that the DDI numbers we want as caller IDs need to be
flagged as allowed CallerID number - this is done by BT - but BT do not seem to
understand this.

Also our old local exchange was a System X but the new one is System Y.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Paul